Re: [Harp-L] Gig Horror Story -

Good times, good times!
WVa Bob

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2012, at 5:17 PM, "Joe Piro" <joe_piro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Beat this Bruhs -

. 9pm Friday night show time: Elderly woman approaches bandstand to
say hello. Trips over floor monitor and hits the deck. Haven't even turned
on our amps yet.

. 9:30pm: intoxicated dude #1 shown the door

. 10:30pm: overzealous/intoxicated dude #2 falls into the PA stand
while dancing to "American Band" - big GFR fan evidently - Guinness draft
hits the floor.

. 10:30:05pm: PA crashes into Guinness draft

. 10:30:06pm: PA stand falls into guitarist's spare MusicMan 'strat
- the pricey one

. 10:30:08pm: 'strat falls into guitarist's Mesa - the pricey one

.         10:30:15pm: I help intoxicated dude #2 up - receive friendly
electrical reminder that beer is a fairly good conductor - true

. 11:15pm: intoxicated dude #3 gets "accidentally slammed" from
behind - turns out, he's a pal of mine. Said pal is rag-dolled into the
guitarist and me. Bud Lite this time. Never knew that the volume of beer
expands when airborne. Also true

. 11:15:01pm: Dude #3's beer saturates guitarist's entire pedal
board - too many pedals to count - the pricey ones. My delay pedal also a
bit gooey. At least the beer is not dark. Thankfully 9V stomp night for me.
Guitarist is plugged in though. Sidebar: I'm midway through singing "Boom,
Boom" - not kidding. Boom, Boom.

I win.

Can corroborate all.

Now taking up Parcheesi.