[Harp-L] Subject: Book/CD teaching for BlueGrass

There's been quite a bit of talk here recently about Bluegrass playing on
harp. I came across this book/cd combo.

This is the kind of teaching material I buy for myself although I haven't
yet gotten one for BlueGrass since I don't play diatonic and amn't a fast
enough player. I'm also stuck at home a lot so these kinds of teaching
materials work for me. It IS specifically for guitar, but I already buy  most of
mine for guitar, piano, saxophone, etc. - so I can play along WITH  the
instrument as well as use them as backing tracks (duets, technically) for my
own chromatic play.

_http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLATPICKING-BLUEGRASS-GUITAR-TAB-LESSON-SONG-BOOK-W
-CD-/380362621513?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f610249_
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLATPICKING-BLUEGRASS-GUITAR-TAB-LESSON-SONG-BOOK-W-CD-/3803626215
13?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f610249)

Since you're getting not only a Song Book but a CD with each tune at normal
 speed AND slowed down - it's a fairly easy way to upload into your
computer,  download to I-Tunes and then to your Ipod if you have one for daily
practice, or  just use in a CD player if you don't have an Ipod. Some of the
CD's also work  directly with Macs and PC's (such as  the Lennon/McCartney one
below). There's a nice selection from this  Seller although I haven't yet
bought from them. The cost is similar to that of a  regular music CD.

  At least it might give some of those new but interested a background  in
having a few solid BG songs in preparation for sitting in at BlueGrass jams
and a feel for how to play along with the guitar?

Big bonus for anyone who plays harp in a rack with guitar.

I've no idea if the tabs mentioned here work for harp though. (You can ask
the Seller). My interest in the books is mainly for lyrics and I can  read
the music somewhat (for piano).

The following are what would be MY interest (same seller - Powerhouse
Musical Supply Co.:

_http://www.ebay.com/itm/LENNON-MCCARTNEY-HITS-PIANO-DUETS-SHEET-MUSIC-BOOK-
CD-/380270232164?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5889df4264_
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/LENNON-MCCARTNEY-HITS-PIANO-DUETS-SHEET-MUSIC-BOOK-CD-/380270232164
?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5889df4264)

_http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANK-SINATRA-JAZZ-PLAY-ALONG-SHEET-MUSIC-BOOK-W-CD
-/330313873350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ce83db7c6_
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANK-SINATRA-JAZZ-PLAY-ALONG-SHEET-MUSIC-BOOK-W-CD-/330313873350?pt=
LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ce83db7c6)

Elizabeth