Re: [Harp-L] No Effects or Delay?

Learning how to "fly" the RP355 properly...  Great phrase, John!

I have slowly been learning my way around the RP355, myself.  Even in the quiet of my own house, my ear isn't sophisticated enough (yet) to hear the subtle differences between some of the patches, but I'm sure they are there.  And some of the differences are clear, even to me.  In the meantime, I have a good, loud tone (working on "fat") that I know will serve me well in any jam I find myself in.  Currently my "home" patch of choice is FCHREV, from the blues set.

Some of the effects are quite wild (SPACE3 and FTD5U2 from the 14d set, for example (Hi, Richard!)).  I will have my ears open for a song or two to use them on.

What I really like about the RP355 is that I don't have to invest a lot of money in a lot of gear to try a lot of different things.  And may I add that Richard Hunter has been not only supportive but has seemed downright interested in my experiences along the way.  He is always ready to answer a question or suggest a patch to try for a particular sound I'm aiming for.  (Haven't asked him about "fat", yet, because I think that issue might be on the front side of the harmonica, but I know I can.)

Elizabeth (not affiliated, just a happy user)