Re: [Harp-L] No Effects or Delay?

Over the years, I have tried many and various effects to model the sound
from my harmonica that people in the audience hear.
For a long time I used a  Watkins Copycat tape echo unit pretty  well all
the time; but when on a gig the tape loop broke and I hadn't brought  any
spares I played without it, and decided that I sounded much better! I  also
often used fuzz, wah, Leslie speakers, etc, etc.
I have a Digitec RP 355, and it is an awesome unit, but I still  haven't
learnt how to "fly it" properly. I like to keep things on stage simple  so
there is less to go wrong!
When I am playing with an amplified blues or rock band I just use my trusty
 1995 Fender Blues Deluxe 40 watt, 1 x 12", tube amp, with a little spring
reverb and my Crystal Balls JT-30, or a Fireball mic. Otherwise, the house
PA can be just fine.
But I guess for any musician, harp player, guitarist, whatever... It is
what works FOR YOU that matters. There isn't a "right or a "wrong" way to get
the sound that YOU want to get.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Scotland....
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)