Re: [Harp-L] A Marine Cost?

When I was first attempting to be a professional blues harmonica  player,
at a VERY early age, back in the 1960s, I used to buy 10 hole  Echo Super
Vamper harmonicas (standard Marine Bands for the UK market) for  five
shillings, that is 25 Pence each, and 12 hole Echo Vampers for seven  shillings and
sixpence (37.5 Pence). That was buying them wholesale price,  direct from
Hohner in London, England... At the time the exchange rate between  the US
Dollar and the GB Pound was $2.40 USD to one pound Sterling.
My FIRST harmonica was a 270 chromatic, given to me by my big sister when I
 was 8 years old... I have no idea  how much she paid for it.
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Scotland, but looking for work as a musician anywhere in the
world.
_http://johnwalden.freevar.com_ (http://johnwalden.freevar.com)

In a message dated 3/19/2012 11:02:47 P.M. GMT Standard Time,