Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH Election - An Observation

Great observation - and you're precisely one of the overseas
visitor/members I was thinking of earlier.

SPAH has become SO international friendly - to my observation even more  so
over the last few years: Sacramento so encouraging to many Asian  attendees
now that Suzuki has become such a part of the harmonica playing world
they've helped expand horizons in conjunction with Tom Stryker and  his SPAH
team who certainly rose to the occasion by encouraging many other
international attendees as well. Koei Tanaka playing with a Tower of Power  trio comes
to mind at Sacramento. Brilliant.

My first SPAH (2005) hosted Donald Black of Scotland (be still my heart!)
and Tony Eyers from Australia. Winslow played onstage with them both as I
recall. Of course Brendan Power has been in attendance tons of times.

I very much enjoy hearing so many accents from all over the Globe  as well
as the US, since I still have my own Scots accent despite my many years
here in NY. At my first SPAH Rodrigo Eberienos from Rio de Janiero played - and
 blew us all away by just how good he was. I remember when Pablo Fagundes &
 Ted Falcon (another youthful team from Brazil) had us excitedly applauding
- I  still listen to their CD. Last year Susan Sauter of Germany was
invited to show  just why she won first place at Trossingen.

THAT's the beauty of SPAH - it attracts harmonica players from everywhere -
 so many more than the few I've mentioned here, and what makes it the
fabulous and music-centric festival we all look forward to every August.

I only wish more of your countrymen would come over: jjmilteau, Michel
Herblin and Paul Lassey are particular favourites of mine.

Elizabeth

"Message: 4