From: Steve Power <stevepower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Mar 19, 2012 3:36 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: SPAH Election - An Observation

Is it just me or is this SPAH election starting to look/sound like a bunch
of folks running for some government office?

I'm seeing "message" statements along the lines of "throw out the
insiders","change and hope", "croonyism", "We're great and they suck."

  My experience of various such organizations and soicieties is that they
quickly become clique-ish, with all the various cliques accusing all the
other cliques of being clique-ish while promoting their own non-existent
inclusivness.

 I'm not a member of SPAH. I kind of thought about it and of attending this
years conference, but nah. Too much monkey business for me to get involved
in.