[Harp-L] Valve Value

Friends,

I've been pondering the merits of wind saver valves on the diatonic harp,
and need to ask what must be a stuipid question.

Although valves on some reeds may affect bend-ability or over-bend-ability,
it seems that valves on 2D & 3D reeds
do not suffer these disadvantage. Yet they provide effective reduction of
leakage, hence increase in loudness. So I'm wondering why *everyone* doesnt
use them?  I.e., what is the downside? I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance for solving this imponderable puzzle.

Turbodog.