[Harp-L] Why 12th?

>Can someone please tell me what 12th position is especially good for--what you would rather play in 12th than >2nd, and why?

>Thanks, Richard Hunter

The very short musical answer is: because of the potential in 6 D, the major 3. Should be handled with care, of course, but it´s a great wailing opportunity there. Does not translate to 3 D. And most certainly not to 7 D.

The ... -- economic answer is: so we will not have to buy another set of harps, in country tuning. A great tuning, but buying all these harps is rather taxing already.

Cheers,
Martin