RE: [Harp-L] Key of song from Guitar Chords

Live: I like to hear things like "Texas Shuffle, key of <fill in the blank>, turn around, start on the 5. a1 - a2 - a1 2 3 4
As far as endings go...try ending on a 4 (unresolved)...it's fun
Studio: Key signatures and stuff are great but in my world, nobody ever hands me a lead sheet for harmonica. Give me a number chart, a bit of input on the arrangement, run the tracks a time or two, and I am good to go. I usually play where I think harp 'fits' and let the engineer edit out what they dont want to keep.
throw da rule book out da window dontcha know...IMHO, that's when creativity begins. However, I do recommend actually learning "the rules" before you toss them. Did that make sense?:DBW