 From: "EGS1217@xxxxxxx" <EGS1217@xxxxxxx>
To: slyou65@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; 3N037@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:41 PM
Subject: Subject: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Small mp leak

yes!  I'd like to know the thickness, Larry - AND I'd like to know
just what you use to attach your windsavers?!

THAT must be where I 'vaguely' remember hearing about the silpat in use for
chromatics - but couldn't remember for what purpose - figured it must be for
gasketing...

It would certainly be stiff enough not to curl and just slick enough
not to buzz or stick to the reedplate as conventional valves do when wet,
so what adhesive makes it usable?

Inquiring chromatic minds are ever so interested! :)

Perhaps THIS is finally the perfect valve material.

Elizabeth

"
The video lab I worked in for years used a larger version of the
teflon "cookie sheets" where
slick, nonstick surfaces were required. Sandy uses sheets purchased from
Bed Bath and Beyond in her quilting studio. I use slivers of the same sheets for
windsavers. And they do cut very easily with scissors, rolling blade cutters and
razor blades, even though they are very tough and durable in use. I can measure
the thickness if anyone wants to know.

Lockjaw Larry
Ipad 3 happy camper"