Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] hold diatonic right or left hand???

EGS: Lol, John, what - did we have the same l'il ol' Nuns smacking us with
the same big leather straps across the knuckles (and other places) when we
were kids? I distinctly remember not being given a choice with which hand
to  pick up my pen. If you were a lefty - too bad, you wrote with your right
anyway.  No wonder my handwriting is still entirely indecipherable.<G>

JW "I'm left handed, although I mostly write with my right hand because
that was what I was taught to do when I was a child. I mostly hold my harps in
 my right hand.
I also play harmonica with the high notes to the right,
because that is  how they are on a piano.
I guess "what ever works for YOU" is the right  way!"

EGS: Now THIS makes sense as to why I kept playing that way  after
beginning some piano lessons...and I'm in absolute agreement  with 'whatever works
for you'. It's such an individual thing - WE're all so  different, there's
absolutely no reason (or surprise) that our methods and  modes of playing
shouldn't be too. - I'm still going to give the 'upside down'  lefty style a
shot, though...just to see if fits me better. Everything else  I've tried
hasn't so I didn't stick with it.

"Best wishes,
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Scotland."

EGS: I have cousins still living in Glasgow - should find out just where
you might be playing and suggest they go out to see you. I definitely envy
you your original Renny - it's still (and probably always will be) the creme
de  la creme of chromatics for me. Douglas and Bobbie together created
something  incomparable with that stunning instrument.

Best,
Elizabeth