Re: [Harp-L] Weber wire terminals

Joey - it SHOULD be positive but you should never assume. I have had Webers that were mismarked. You need to check to ensure that all your speakers are operating in phase. You can do this by using a 9 volt battery. Hook the speaker "-" to the battery "-". With a good strong light on the speakers, momentarily touch the positive speaker lead to the battery "+". All speaker cones should move forward and return to neutral when you release the wire (which you should do right away.) If they ALL move to the rear, they are still in phase and everything is OK, though purists will argue they should move forward. If ANY speaker doesn't move in the same direction as the others, then it is not hooked up correctly (possibly because its terminals are mislabeled) and can really hurt the sound of the amp.

/Greg

http://blowsmeaway.com
http://facebook.com/blowsmeawayproductions
http://bluestateband.net