Re: [Harp-L] seeking Ruby Gentry backing track

Hey, big guy....that's works for me. Maybe, I'm thinking maybe the tune WAS originally written in C, but Someone (maybe Fields) played it both ways and convinced someone that it should go into the movie in D? I'm not sure of course? It WOULD be interesting to see what another real studio musician uses. Like a Tommy Morgan for instance. I know that when the groups do it down here, the piano players usually want to do it in C. So, you DO have a point.

spcl note: Stevie plays Alfie in Bb. I don't think that's the original key. This is what I was saying the other day. I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere. Some musicians change things to suit THEIR instrument. And if they're the ones in control...that's what happens.

smo-joe