Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic: Advantages of each position

In a message dated 3/15/2012 12:21:44 A.M. GMT Standard Time, Elizabeth
writes:
<< SO glad there are more of us talking about the use  of these other keys.
Are yours CX-12's or 270's? >>

All of my chromatic harmonicas are made by Hohner, or at least have  Hohner
reed plates. This is simply because I like the Hohner tone, and I do NOT
get sponsorship from that company. My main "C" instrument is an ILUS
Renaissance, with "Mellow Tone" reed plates. It is an awesome harmonica and  is the
best chromatic that I have ever played, rather better than a  "Silver
Concerto".  Most of the rest are Hohner Super Chromonica  "270"s, and I have just
one CX-12 at the moment, a tenor "C". I do intend to add  more CX-12s
eventually though. I want to get a "Bb" CX-12 next, once I  have saved enough
money to buy one.
I first learned to play harmonica on a "G" 270, and still feel most at home
 playing on a chromatic constructed in the key of "G";
Fortunately, I only had 2 decent harps stolen from me and not my whole
working kit. I lost a regular CX-12 which was an ok  instrument but not great,
and I also lost a really nice Michael Timler  customised, tenor "C" 270. I
really miss that harp. However  I have  replaced that with an Antony Danneker
custom CX-12 tenor "C" which I like a  lot!

Best wishes,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in Glasgow, Scotland.
Looking for work anywhere in the world!