Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Small mp leak

Realizing I've never used and probably never WILL use a 'gasket', but what
about Silpat...anyone think it's remotely useable? Not sure if it'd  be
easy to cut. Mine doesn't have that border shown in the video.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yPW8xgXrM&feature=youtu.be_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yPW8xgXrM&feature=youtu.be)

or this newer generic version I just found online (much less  expensive AND
able to be cut):

_http://www.amazon.com/Regency-Reusable-Cookie-Sheet-Liner/dp/B0000VYSB6/ref
=pd_sim_k_6_
(http://www.amazon.com/Regency-Reusable-Cookie-Sheet-Liner/dp/B0000VYSB6/ref=pd_sim_k_6)

Elizabeth

"Message: 10
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:13:44 -0400
From: Joseph Leone  <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Music  Cal <macaroni9999@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mar 15, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Music Cal  wrote:

> Does anybody know of a rubber-like material that does  not smell, is thin
> enough for this purpose (.005 in to .01 inch) and is  FDA grade (safe
around
> food so safe in one's mouth)? The material of  Ziploc food bags does not
> have an odor and its FDA grade but it is not  thick enough or spongy
enough
> for a good gasket.
>
> Music  Cal

I once used red hot water bottle rubber. It was the correct  thickness.
Unfortunately, the water bottles these days aren't smooth. They have  a pebble
grain finish., and too thick anyway.No good. I'm still thinking. (Every
time my family throws something out, I study it for possible harmonica
uses.....and 'I' do the garbage.  lolol)
smo-joe