Re: [Harp-L] Choice of keys on chromatic harmonica

On Mar 14, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Slim Heilpern wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 1:26 PM, Joseph Leone wrote:
>
>> A-ha, I understand, and a lot of people do that. That's not what I do. I use whatever will get me DRAW notes. That I can slur with.
>
> Hi smo-joe -
>
> Hmmm, wonder if this has something do with you not puckering.... I pucker, and find it just as easy to slur a blow as I do a draw (assuming by slur you mean bend up to or down from the note).
>
> - Slim.

Just got home.
No not a bend. I like to start on blow notes and slide down into a draw note (sometimes with a slide poke) and end on a draw note..causing it to sound a bit flat or sour..a few cents.
I also chip portions of a draw note slipping into another draw note that I want. Sort of a Floyd Kramer double hit but more scooping (slight bend).  Used a little tonight.

smo-joe