[Harp-L] hold diatonic right or left hand???

simple answer

use your left

more complex answer
(FOR DIATONIC)
If you wanna play blues, or do some chugging sounds, the majority of your notes are in the low end of the harp, holes 1 through 6. It's easier to put your hands around those holes if your left hand holds the harp.

When I started, 15 years ago, I started with my right, I still use my right, and have been working at using my left more and more. I wish I had started with my left, like most people, I like the sound better, when I hold it in my left.

BUT

One of the best players in my town holds it in his right and holds the harp upside down, with the low notes on the right. It is my personal, unproven, and unscientific opinion, that this is the best way to learn to play, but I'm afraid to say it out loud because it's SO against the norm.

Jim Rumbaugh