Re: [Harp-L] Metronome question no harp content

The logic is this:

You perceive the % change of the tempo.  At a fast tempo a couple of beats/minute would not be perceptible.  At a very slow tempo, 2 beats/min would be perceptible.

The metronome designer assumes that  2/40 or 5% is perceptible.  To maintain 5% increments, the beats/min must increase in larger steps at higher tempos....3 at 60, 4 at 80, etc.

Vern