[Harp-L] Re: Toots preference for Eb & Bb

Toots told Mariam McPartland on her radio show, "Piano Jazz" that his favorite key on chromatic was A. He said it's very soulful.

On Mar 14, 2012, at 3:29 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:38:15 -0400
From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Toots preference for Eb & Bb
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I went through my Warner Bros real books last night, after this subject came up. Jazz, & Standards. Eb position veritably DRIPS off of a chromo. So there's no reason not to use a C for Eb..And almost as good for Bb.. But early in his career, Toots was doing a simplified version of what I still do. Sure, he only used 1 other harp, and I use 4, but it's the same thing.