Re: [Harp-L] Metronome question no harp content

I would suspect it has to do with the tradition of the old mechanical metronomes. The weight has to be closer to the pivot point to increase speed, so it's probably easier to increase the scale as you go that direction. I'm guessing electronic metronomes probably follow this convention as a matter of habit.

This is a completely WAG, but it sounds logical.

Seth