Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic: Advantages of each position

As I said previously, those scales play smoothly, with minimal breath changes:

A Bb C D Eb F - all draw notes on the Bb scale

Bb C D Eb F - all draw notes on the Eb scale.

In addition to smooth scales (and scale-based sheets of sound), you get smooth neighboring-note ornaments.

I don't have examples at hand here in my office cube, but I could scare up a few.

G minor is based on the Bb scale, and it shares the same smoothness. (Likewise C minor with the Eb scale, but I recall him doing much more with G minor, such as his live recording of Autumn Leaves with Joe Pass).

W~

VOTE Winslow Yerxa for SPAH president, with L J Atkison for vice president
Winslow for SPAH President (Facebook)

Winslow4Prez (YouTube)
Chair, SPAH entertainment committee
Chair, SPAH awards committee
Member, SPAH convention planning committee
Staff, SPAH Convention event operation