[Harp-L] When harp is your second instrument

This is a bit abstract, because I'm asking how you visualize your harp
learning.

WHAT YOU SEE
A current student learning chromatic is making (verbal) comparisons to his
previous diatonic experience. His observations are valid when I consider
them, although I don't think of my harps this way. His first instrument is
Trumpet, and sees his diatonic work in relation to it. My first
"instrument" was piano, so both diatonic, and then chromatic "look like"
keyboard to me. (The mental picture).

QUESTION
What is your first instrument, and how does it affect your learning, and
the way you communicate about harp now?

HMMM...
Comfortable chair, robe and slippers, and a cup of tea. Gotta think about
this. <grin>

Robert Hale
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success