Re: [Harp-L] Small mp leak

On Mar 9, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Music Cal wrote:

> Smo-joe
>
> Well, then I will give the paper a try.

And if you dip, you can add a few drops of bleach to the water bath. That works in my pool.

> I have contacted a rubber company and asked them for a sample of their .005
> inch and .011 inch silicone sheet rubber. I will let you know how that
> works out. I imagine that cutting the silicon will be more problematic than
> cutting paper.

My experience with silicone would be that if you chop straight DOWN on it and don't try to drag the razor knife across it, you may get a cleaner cut ... with no tears. No, not the ones that you weep, the ones that rip.

> I really appreciate your comments and I sure would like to hear from others
> as well.

Trust me explicitly when I tell you, there are FAR better craftsmen than me here on the list.  I hope you DO get more replies.
sj the last Cafe.