RE: [Harp-L] Did Big Walter Horton record in third position?

________________________________

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:08:19 GMT
From: "bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Did Big Walter Horton record in third position?

Hi,On Have Mercy, he's playing in 3rd on the long discontinued Marine Band Soloist, which was replaced in the early 80's by the 364S. and that's tuned the same as a 12 hole chromatic minus the slide. Sincerely,Barbeque Bob MaglinteBoston, MAhttp://www.barbequebob.comCD available at http://cdbaby.com/cd/bbmaglinte

I have 2 of those long discontinued Marine Band Soloist that I will sell. 12 holes in a 4" diatonic Marine Band size. Tuned chromatically with no slide. Star on bottom cover plate usually indicated "prewar", but my friend Pete Sheridan tells me that Hohner sold them until they ran out of either the cover plate or 12 hole comb, up into the early 1970's. They came in a plastic box instead of the usual cardboard.

Off list please

Dave