[Harp-L] the notes don't sound

Well, we are talking about a Hohner. In my experience, Hohner reeds are often not properly centered OOB. i've had to center Hohner reeds in order to get a harp to play properly when it was brand new. If a reed is somewhat off center, but the harp still plays, hard blowing can exacerbate the problem as can debris.

Suzukis have welded reeds which stay in alignment. Off center reeds are NOT uncommon on new Hohners.

JP