Re: [Harp-L] Marine Band 364 vs Marine Band 365

Sorry David, that was me..... I didn't mean to imply the extra holes were the only difference, just that they were "essentially" the same instrument.  You are correct in that the 364 is "fatter" and not quite as comfortable as the 365, but I have adapted and no longer notice it much.  There are several small modifications I make to mine that I did  not touch upon, but overall, both models are my favorites.  I just wish they were available in all keys.  I had read in a previous thread many months ago that essentially the same harp used to be sold in Europe in several keys, but under a different name.

Lockjaw Larry

________________________________
From: David Fairweather <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 12:17 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Marine Band 364 vs Marine Band 365

Some wrote that the Marine Band 364 and Marine Band 365 are "essentially
the same instrument" except for the extra holes on the 365.    I disagree.
  In my experience the 365 has significantly lower profile cover plates
than the 364.  That was a very pleasant surprise to me because I despise
the fat mouth profile of the 12 hole 364.    The 14 hole 365 with its
lower cover plate profile is much more comfortable in my mouth.  And
overall I just find it a more "playable" instrument than the 364.