 From: "burket@xxxxxxx" <burket@xxxxxxx>
To: slyou65@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] solo vocal and 14 hole marine band in C

Hi Larry:
I saw you post on Harp -L.
I too am a big fan of these harps and have several 364's and 365.
I have found them New or Like New on ebay for very low prices
as a lot of people don't appreciate this model so much.
I love to hear about any mods or custom approaches
you may have found successful to making them less leaky.
I think the extra holes and comb length are mostly the culprit.
Also where you may have taken these in your tuning adventures.
Great adventure
I would like to make a Low D (pitched up from a low C)
And maybe even a low A from the same.  (Would probably need to add some solder).
Anyway, my usual approach:
Sand, seal the comb, open the edges of the mouth holes
(I also have two nice custom combs I plan to add to the best sounding mods.
Add screws and bolts to reed and cover plates.
Flat sand the draw plate.
Emboss (though I haven't determined if this helps or not).
Gap, Arc, and Retune to my style of playing.
If repair and customizing harps didn't take so much time
I would really like to dive in.  But for now, its a great way to
make my harps sound a lot better, and help out a handful of
players who need a quick repair or want to try a re furbed custom.

What didn't you like about the SBS versions?  Have you ever
tried the Solo tuned version?
Thanks
Burke T.
Message: 8