Re: [Harp-L] Tech 21 solid state amps for harmonica?

The Bass Driver DI is solid for cleanish tones, but great for more
tweed-like tones.  I can dial in a sound close enough to my HG2 that no one
could tell the difference.  However, since I run it through a 100w powered
speaker, I am able to get WAY more volume and eq it to sound larger and
fuller too.  I find that even when using the blend knob, it is either to
sterile or too muddy for a really clean harp sound.

Now the Para DI...that's a whole different story for warm cleans.  The
blend works better for harp and the sweepable mids make it much easier to
dial in a clean sound.  I A/Be'd them both with a RP255, HG2, and PA/mixer
yesterday and the combo of the Para and a AKG D5 was the best for warm, yet
defined, cleans for my solos stuff.

The Bass DI and my SM57 or Bullet mic was blues heaven.