[Harp-L] Re: Battery Powered Amp

I've used the Pignose Hog 20 with good results. The new models have
circuitry that prevents battery overcharging. I've got the older one and
the batteries need replaced with the new version ($50 but I haven't bit the
bullet yet). The batteries are fairly small and it will run for hours. It's
7-10 watts, and takes a 4 ohm speaker. It's quite light, but pretty loud.

I took the guts out of mine and stuck them in a Peavey amb cabinet that had
a bad SS amp in it (a mouse wreaked havoc with fecal matter in it, and it
didn't work right at all, so a local pawn shop gave it to me for free). So
the Peavey had a nice 12" Celestion speaker in it. I took out the Peavey
guts and put in the Pignose guts. Much better sound that way. The stock
pignose speaker is only 6.5" I think. It's okay, but a bigger better
speaker is... bigger and better. I call it my Peavey Pignose.

The pignose amp is very bright. You'll need to turn the tone knob to 9:00.
Then it sounds "normal". And pretty decent tone. Ease off and its clean,
cup it and step on it and you'll get some crunch. There's even a drive knob
for more dirt if you want it.