[Harp-L] PT Gazelle diatonic

I got my low D 1847 silver diatonic harmonica , over the weekend...., with wide screen, picture-in-a-picture, half-valved, iPod  connection, with available 4 Wheel Drive

I'm not a diatonic player at all, but was drawn to this particular instrument by this, but PT Gazelle. When I Fall In Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOwSh0As1H8

Unlike what seems to be the pitch norm in chromatically played diatonic, this is really well in tune, as well as being really musical and emotional  and it makes me happy each time I listen to it...Dropped my county-mandated therapist right away, and just listen to this tune once a day. PT sends the tracks, without harmonicas, along with the CD and it's going to be fun to play along with on this tune... It seems to be meant for the half valved horn.

All of a sudden, the flat third and flat seventh in the middle are just there staring me in the face...

My mom's 94 and I know that when she dies, I'll cue up this tune for sure.

I'm not sure why half valving isn't the standard....

One problem I'm having, is that the instrument PT sent me lacks written numbers on the holes, an obvious oversight.

I'll be asking either Joe Leone or Gary Lehmann, for the best ways to affix numbers to the holes, I can't find any of the notes....
And I know that Gary, at least, will tell me that I'm becoming a pariah with that comment on pitch on chromatically played diatonics... Yes, Gary, I know. Thanks for watching out for me, though.

I was able to put the words to "If I had a hammer" on the underside of the instrument, just so I don't forget my roots, or the words.

I think that if I were to get into the diatonics much, I'd make a set of these half valved things....

To that end, I sent for some valves from Seydel yesterday,  only to have PT tell me he's a dealer for Seydel... so next time, I'll shop at Gazelle's Harmonica Shoppe

PT seems to be one of those "Gentlemen" I've read about. Very helpful.

jk