Re: [Harp-L] FX processor: Foot or Hand operated

I had a Line 6 M9, then went to the M13, then the POD HD500, and now back
to the M13.  This is based off my current gigging circumstances...for the
blues rock band I was in until 2010, the M9 was more than enough.  Then, I
had a cover rock band in the vein of Blues Traveler, so the M13 got a ton
of use.  When I went to a solo act out of necessity, I thought the amp
modeling of the HD500 would be beneficial and let me set up a system for
both full band and solo work (totally separate "rigs" for harp, bass, and
beatbox)...well I've learned that a M13 into a Tech 21 Sans amp is THE rig
for me.  I need easy to tweak on the fly effects - and a lot of them!  I
also need easy access and not having to flip through menus (HD500 and RP's
make you do this).

I like a floor unit as it is less of an eyesore, laid out more like a real
pedal board, and easier to switch (both due to the switch type and noise
from clicking them not being picked up by a vocal mic).

The L6 M9 and M13 give you dedicaded knobs for each parameter - no menus to
flip though!  They are LED lit by effect type and very flexible.  I also
have a RP255 with Richard Hunter's patches.  Regarding effects, the bass
octave is WAY better on the RP255 as are the reverbs.  I like the L6 delays
better if only for the variations.  The mods are a wash, IMO, and the
filters on the M series are pretty worthless to me other than the Trons and
Growler, which are fantastic (the RP's don't have a Growler, and the
autowah/tron is at least as good).  I actually prefer the M Series rotary.

Here is my rig minus the Tech 21 Sans Amp Para Driver DI which is the
coolest piece of gear I have ever owned with the Bass Driver DI and
Character Blonde from Tech 21 tied for 2nd.  The Para and Bass Drivers
should be a staple pedal for harp players direct to PA or to an amp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bv4nKoqI3o

This one is with the HD500, which I used pretty much totally clean, but had
a PIA trying to tweak effects for the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MJdVTas2wE

With the HD500, it became hard to use effects to setup loops when bouncing
between patches.  With the M13, it is very easy!

I use a separate bass octave pedal for humming bass lines because I have it
on hand, like the timbre, and it frees up a spot on the M13.  I keep
telling myself to post more clips, but then I get lazy and actually play
instead of record, lol.

Mike