Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball... And other harp mics.

I do not have a Fireball, but I want one.  My understanding is it is a lot
like some of the AKG D5 I have (and other Audix mics I've had) and doesn't
have much of a proximity effects and is is near impossible to overdrive.

I have experimented a lot lately with proximity effect as it pertains to
mic placement and hand placement.  This isn't so much for hand effects as
it is trying to sing, hum bass lines, and beatbox through the same mic.  I
know Brandon Bailey uses the AKG D5, but I find mics with the proximity
effect like the SM58 or SM57 easier to use for this.

A mic that responds to cupping is the way to go to maximize hand effects.
I want a Fireball to use with my 255 patches as my mics tend to feedback
pretty early with it - this is due to having mics have a much wider pickup
pattern - rather than trying to adjust settings.  My powered monitor also
has a peak around 2-4khz, so I need to eq anyways.

At any rate, I have an inline XLR VC from Greg (as well as an Ultimate 57
and custom wood bullet mic).  This would be an easy fix.  Or, you can sell
me your VC-less Fireball to help fund a new one with a VC, lol.

Mike