RE: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball... And other harp mics.

I have an Audix Fireball V, which is a Fireball with volume control.  I play it through a Digitech RP355 and a Peavey KB-2 amp.

My current challenge with it is that I am finally reaching the point where I want to learn to incorporate more expressiveness with my hands.  I've had trouble doing it with this mic.  I took the occasion of this thread to see if I could find some performance examples on YouTube; first up was this video of the mic's debut at NAMM 2006:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsS93Avt4E

At about the 0:44 mark we have:

"Now, much like the original Fireball, this mic has the ability to be cupped by the user, and not change the sound."

Aha.  Maybe it's not just my technique, and lack thereof.  Richard (or anyone else): suggestions on a resource for improving my technique, or a different "best" mic to try with the Digitech setup?  My context is that I play blues (or whatever else is called) at open blues jams in loud bars.

Thanks in advance.
Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie")