RE: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball... And other harp mics.

I'm pretty sure Greg Heumann at Blowsmeaway will sell you an in-line volume control.  But are you sure your Audix Fireball V doesn't already have a built-in VC?  Mine does.
In my opinion the Audix is a nice clean mic which is good for playing through an amp modeller into the PA.  But maybe it's a bit too clean if you are plugging it directly into an amp?  I've just taken delivery of an Ultimate SM57 and I'm still experimenting at the moment but I'm liking the sound of it into my Bassman reissue.  Much more grit (if that's the right word) than the Audix
Cheers
Mike