 From: David Naiditch <davidnaiditch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:35 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Blues Gypsy jazz style

Blues Gypsy jazz style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aln6v3NGp0&feature=plcp

Admittedly, this isnât mainstream blues, but the father of Gypsy jazz, Django Reinhardt, wrote this tune (Swing 48) and many others that are heavily influenced by blues. As illustrated by this tune, Gypsy jazz blues are often in minor keys, use a lot of minor 6 chords, and generally avoid bending notes. The guitarist, Gonzalo Bergara, is also a great blues player and once played lead guitar in Jason Ricciâs band.

If you enjoy Swing 48, here is another Django composition, Micro, I recorded that is heavily influenced by blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGTbFZ1RSw&feature=plcp

--David Naiditch

www.davidnaiditch.com