RE: [Harp-L] The guy over there made the mistake, not me!!!

Yep. Remember the Hee Haw Million Dollar Band? McCoy, Gimble, Roy Clark, Buddy Emmons and on and on...I think the funny part is that one of the world's most famous fiddle players made the remark as if ...
I know I have picked up the wrong one many times even when I knew the key. I always pull a boner or two if the band is tunes down a half step.
I once asked McCoy why he liked Old Standbys and he said because he could feel that guy's head and in a dark club would know that he did not have the harp upside down. Of course he was BSing me. Those old Old Standby's in G, Ab. A & Bb played great.
Bill M had a reputation of dogging out his guys if they pulled a boner like that in your story. It could have been a lot worse.