Subject: [Harp-L] My band's kickstarter campaign may have a chance!

Folks, I was able to help by sending a check for my pledge since I had
difficulties with the kickstarter site. Maybe even an over-the-phone pledge
might help too (as long as you follow through)?

The band is FABULOUS! Kalu's voice is amazing - his songs are SO good and
Michael is right there playing harp on just about everything. THIS band is
different from the 'typical' band one hears everywhere. They have horns,
guitars, keyboard, a GREAT singer/songwriter with guitar, and a really good
harp player. I began watching a few vids, which ended up becoming a marathon
all-night session. I'd certainly buy their CD's. I'm already a fan.

Kalu's already been recognized as an important musician in Austin and the
band's going places --so if you're on the fence--please jump on the 'right
side'. Here's an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what's sure to
be  a name band featuring harmonica (for once).

Elizabeth

"Message: 9
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:08:30 -0500
From: michael rubin  <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Please help!
To: harp-l _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fundkalu/some-sort-of-fusion

Kickstarter  is a way for people to help bands. You make a pledge for
any amount (even a  dollar can help!) and give your credit or debit
card. The band sets a goal  and a deadline. If the pledges add up to
the goal by the deadline, your card  is charged. If not, your card is
left alone. Also, if you pledge a certain  amount, you get gifts.

My band The Kalu James Band is trying to make a  double CD. It is a
rock band with a singer songwriter from Nigeria. We have  been
together 5 years. This is a way to get harp into radio  friendly
music.

The goal is high, $30,000. We just hit $20,000. We  have two days to
meet the goal. Historically, amazing things have happened in  the last
couple of days.

I know some of you have already helped. I  appreciate it. If my
music, instructions or friendship has helped you, please  return the
favor tonite!
Thank you,
Michael  Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com