[Harp-L] sans amp PT 2

I enjoy hearing about the success Richard Hunter and others are having by
using a processor to Mains instead of amplifier. I tried it at a couple of
gigs lately. Nice, but not the same sound yet. So back for
more experimentation.

I'm using a Korg Pandora processor, and loving it. But there's LOTS of amp
models inside to consider. Found one called VALVE and it really comes close
to the crackling grit tube sound of my Pro Junior with V1 AT7 and V2 DW7.
This amp simulation offers a center frequency in 5 steps, plus continuously
variable boost or cut in that range. I found the sweet spot.

Next trial will be Friday at happy hour duo gig with guitarist/vocalist.
He's running a single BOSE column for very good coverage for smaller rooms
and NO FEEDBACK for me. I'm running the room wireless with a bullet and
Samsung from BlowsMeAway.

My favorite working patches are:

   - echo (tap tempo)
   - slap echo (tap tempo)
   - Sugar Blue with a subtle detuning standing wave

Other sonic decorations are

   - Leslie cabinet (fast-slow, level-dependent)
   - FUNK with auto-wah
   - Octave down mixed 50-50

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012