Re: [Harp-L] Chorus pedal

I use chorus a lot, usually very subtly. What I have discovered though is if you whack all the levels up a little you can get some great and very manageable intentional feedback effects, kinda Jimi Hendrix sorta vibe.
Here is a clip of me demoing my solo rig at Lee Sankey's place in London: rtsp://v5.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjgLENy73wIaLwlfxwboxUlYmBMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSB3Jlc3VsdHNguKiwsKeIr5FPDA==/0/0/0/video.3gp
I don't know if this link will work as I'm copying from my phone and it may only work with mobile devices. Otherwise just do a youtube search with the words "dave ferguson demo lee sankey" and you should find it...
At around 9:55 I give an example of the chorus enabled feedback. Bear in mind though that for the purposes of this demo we were using Lee's little solid state amp with a tiny speaker. With a better fuller response speaker you can get a great wall of sound feedback and vary the tone like a wah wah by adjusting the cupping of the mic.
All the best
Dave Fergusonwww.youtube.com/user/lonesomedaveferguson
------Original Message------From: Robert RoweSender: TrtooyoEyfrriyeue Yoorr«««.           Rttttttttttttt ttt. RCc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: [Harp-L] Chorus pedalSent: 15 Jun 2012 19:18
Chorus is an odd one.  It is a stereo effect and works best when used with a bi-amped stereo amplifier having pairs of speakers, or into a pair of identically setup amplifiers.  It doesn't work well on a bi-amped amplifier with single speakers or a woofer/tweeter setup.  You can run it into a mono amp, usually by connecting the left output to the amp (consult your pedal manufacturer).  That doesn't give you a good chorus sound though.  It's more of a reverb/delay mess at that point.
Listen to Ry Cooder play Feeling Bad Blues on the Ralph Macchio movie "Crossroads" from back in the 80's..  You'll hear what true chorus is supposed to sound like.  One of my favorite quotes about harp comes from Joe Senecca's character.  You'll have to watch the movie 'cause it ain't list friendly.  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwYGZlBw9Y
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from WIND