[Harp-L] was future in Country of Harmonica...now future in all folk/acoustic styles of music

I have mentioned this before. WUMB in Massachusetts,  www.wumb.org ,
is a full time folk music station. One of the only all folk stations
left in the country. Many styles of music get played on this station
because the term "folk" crosses into many genres. Even some country.
On a consistant basis I hear harmonica on one out of every three or
four tunes. The future of harmonica is now in my opinion.  There is a
lot of harp going on out there. Maybe not the lead players of the acts
but in the mix very often. The harmonica is in many musical places
today. Just cuz you don't hear it much doesn't mean it isn't out
there. I am a big fan of opening my mind to all types of music and I
find many places to explore and make it work.  I am now gigging in
three different situations. Two out of the three have maybe one bluesy
tune per set. The remaining one is a blues act but still we do at
least a half dozen non-blues tunes per set. Every night I play is a
mix of country, blues, reggae, rock, folk, bluegrass.

wb