Re: [Harp-L] Video of last night's performance of John Philip Sousa's THE HARMONICA WIZARD MARCH

It's a '1-JV sound powered phone' chest plate. Commonly worn by the bridge central terminal and the lookouts, CIC, radar, engineering, and navigation stations. The operator then relays info to the duty officer of the deck.
smo-joe       (applauding Big George)