[Harp-L] Re: Gary Primich

Gary Primich was absolutely one of the best harp players...ever. Yeah, he swung,
he played fat back greasy amped tones, he blew melodic and sweet, he...well, he
could do more with the harp in his mouth than anyone out there. Pick up Mark
Hummel's Blues Harp Meltdown with Primich blowing a tone that none of the others
on that night's bill could touch. His harp lick vocabulary had no limit and he
continued to amaze me each time out. WHAT I'd like to see released, by
someone/anyone, is a live show that he recorded, shortly before his passing,
during a two night stint at The Big Easy in Houston. Mike Keller (one of the
T-Bird's current slingers) and Mike Morgan (Mike Morgan and the Crawl) swapped
off smoking guitar riffs and the band cooked with gas both nights. THAT's the
one that fans need to hear.

See ya--
Ricky B
http://www.bushdogblues.blogspot.com
River Bottom Blues--a crime novel for blues fans available at Amazon, B&N, my
blog, etc....
The Devil's Blues--due out in the Fall of 2012