 From: Sam Lyons <sjlyons93@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 9:00 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hohner Auto Valve

I saw this Hohner 105/40 Auto Valve Harmonica and I'm wondering how it
works:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/hohner-105-40-auto-valve-harmonica

How does it work, in general?
How can it have 40 reeds with only 10 holes and apparently only 2
reedplates? (Do my eyes deceive me?)
Is that a discrete comb?
What do they mean by "full concert octave"?
How do wind-saving valves work (generally, not just in reference to this
harp), and what is an auto-valve?

Thanks

Sam.