Re: [Harp-L] What kind of harp mic is this?

Most people in Australia think that Larry was English. He was pretty much forced to make England his home after he was blacklisted from working in the USA after Elia Kazan named him as a member of the communist party, which i believe he was. Hohner, I believe, was not allowed to market chromatics bearing his name from then till very recently. Ah! the land of the brave and free!
A few years later, a referendum was held here in Oz as to whether the communist party should be made illegal. The proposition was voted out. Oz is a very conservative country, and I find the devotion to Larry among older harp players here quite ironic, Anybody out there read his autobiog,? It's worth the effort.
RD

>>> Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/06/12 3:16 PM >>>
The Adler Trio is not in any way related to Larry Adler. Dror, Danny, Michal are all Adler by name (I believe that is eagle in German). But none of them were born in Germany. Larry, on the other hand was Russian and his actual birth name was Zelakovitch.

Smo-joe (the 'They' that say)