 From: Mike Best <mike.best@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx" <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2012 11:50 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Low octave blow bends

I recently bought a tricked-up Golden Mel in G from a guy in Latvia, just to see what it would be like. Turned out to be very airtight, responsive, easy to OB holes 4 5 and 6, a vast improvement from out-of-the-box

One of the things he has done is put windsavers on 1 2 and 3 draw. The effect of this is that I can't OB these holes, but I can bend the blows down. It's a bit harder to control than the upper octave blow bends and I don't know whether I will bother trying to master it, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless

Is this a common mod to diatonic harps? Does anyone out there use this?

Cheers
Mike