[Harp-L] Old time comb maker - a Richter Brand mod

Check out this dude's work. This comb was made in the early 1900s, by some unknown dude. who cut out a comb on a board, and left the board! . Maybe it was Randy Sandoval's great, great, great grandpa or something. My first thought was, maybe it was some kind weird early harmonica, until I noticed the covers and reedplates had curved ends. they had to do that stuff by hand at the factory, they wouldn't make a curved reedplate and covers and plop it on a board, which appears to be pine... something the harmonicas company is Germany weren't using (in Klingenthal, they used beech, in Black Forest, pear and peach - both were cheap in those areas).
This auction ends in an hour and a half. I was willing to bid $10 on it, but that was it. I'm out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Richter-Handcrafted-Harmonica-/120922432421?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2789e3a5#ht_500wt_1287 ;

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum