Re: [Harp-L] Re: Re: "All Blues" - Sam Friedman (Gary Lehmann) Harp-L Digest, Vol 107, Issue 32

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:27 AM, Richard Hammersley <
rhhammersley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> .

.

.
> Trane once apologized to Miles saying, "I can't stop playing."  Miles
> responded, "Try taking the horn out of your mouth."

.

.
> .
>

> I love that Miles story. Here's another:

Miles once asked his tenorman Bob Berg why he had soloed in a place where
he was not scheduled and had never before played.

"It sounded so good," Berg replied, "I just had to come in."

"Bob," said Miles, "The reason it sounded good was because you
*weren't*playing."

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com