Re: [Harp-L] "All Blues" - Sam Friedman

Nice playing Sam, enjoyed that very much!

Personally, I find "All Blues" challenging in its simplicity -- it's not a difficult tune and there are infinite directions you can take it in, and every time I play it I have to remember to ask myself what it is I'm trying to say on the tune -- what will make my take on it unique and personal. When I remember to do that, I find myself simplifying the message, adding more space -- less is more.

I do have one question, though. I've heard others do the melody over the IV chord just like you did at the top (Bb, C, D...) whereas the original is A, Bb, C.... Was it intentional? Just curious...

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com