Subject: Re: [Harp-L] gig available

Actually, Smokey--I don't know why you don't play it sans singer--since it
sounds SO GOOD on a chromatic. This is one of MY songs as well (although of
 course you're light-years ahead of me on a chrom)...

I'd love to see a video of you playing this song with a good group of
musicians backing you. The chromatic beCOMES 'the voice' and can be almost  as
effective as a Sax or vocalist on this great song.

I do agree: not for a diatonic unless they're along the lines of  someone
as good as Jason or play valved or specially tuned diatonics. It  HAS to be
melodious and is simply perfect for a chrom.

Just my 2cents, but there's no reason a good chromatic player couldn't make
 this a great backdrop for this Wedding.

Elizabeth

"Message: 4
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 14:50:04 -0400
From: Joseph Leone  <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: John  Sturm <johnsmusic52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

A popular request at the gigs. But we only do  it when we have a singer. (
a good singer). Easy on a chromatic..never tried it  any other way. I play
diatonic but I don't think this is one for that approach.  Sort of like
playing Georgia on a chromatic.

smo-joe

On Jul 19, 2012, at 11:58 AM, John Sturm  wrote:

> Out of my realm
>
> > Subject: Re: [Harp-L]  gig available
> > From: 3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > Date: Thu, 19  Jul 2012 11:21:33 -0400
> > To: robertrowe2@xxxxxxx
> > CC:  harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Tune is chromatic friendly
>  > s-j
> >
> > On Jul 19, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Robert Rowe  wrote:
> >
> > > Heads up, Iceman!
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPhone

a harmonica player to  play Etta James' "At Last" for an October 12th
wedding here on Hilton Head Is.  SC. Please contact me  off-list.